- 1 Server Culture
- 2 Land Policies
- 3 Nether Policies
- 4 Redstone Machines, Mob Grinders, & Mob Farms
- 5 Inactivity Policy
- 6 Discussion
- 7 How to Handle Your Criticism, Suggestions, and Questions (Like An Adult)
- 8 Circumventing Rules
- 9 Warnings/Breaking Rules/Forgiveness
It is our goal to build a server with the following assets:
- Personal Responsibility
We want our players to be friendly and helpful. But, we also want players who are resourceful when it comes to finding server answers and establishing themselves on the server. We want to create an environment for adults that feels like a family.
Above all else, we wish to remain professional on Stonewick. We have created this server with open hearts in hopes to build a peaceful, successful community. It is not our desire to rule with an iron fist. Instead, we hope to lovingly craft a friendly community and fiercely protect it by enforcing a set of agreed upon rules by all.
Our server does not function as a popularity contest. As such, promotions or favouritism will never be given based on minority voting, to players who are the "loudest", or to financial donors. We define "loud" players as those who are highly active, but tend to complain, spread negativity, or attempt to bend rules in their favour. Veteran rank is earned by hard-working players who contribute in meaningful ways and only awarded by server admins. The community will be governed with the same policy. Meaning, popular players will not be shown favoritism if they continue to break the rules. We have a warning, unwhitelisting, and banning system in place and it will be used on all players who break rules, not just unpopular players.
We encourage players to actively answer new players' questions regarding the server, plugins, or anything else in relation thereof. Using the wiki as a supplement for helpfulness and friendliness is not the intent of the wiki. Instead, the wiki serves as an archive and catalog of useful information for those who wish to dig deeper into the server and community. We wish to promote community by providing this extra resource and hope that our newer players are resourceful enough to seek it out. Or perhaps going on adventures with people who are lonely/would like friends to play with. We understand there are players from all walks of life and personalities, we ask that our community does not pressure anyone in getting into voice chat or talking about things they're uncomfortable with sharing.
We are an 18+ server. There are absolutely no exceptions to that rule. If players are found to be under 18, they will be automatically unwhitelisted.
Introducing New Players
Donations & Recruitment
We love when players donate to the church newbie boxes! However, when a player first joins please refrain from following them around on the tour, giving them “OP” items (diamonds, etc), or recruiting them to build at your base or work on your projects. Let the player “breathe” and explore the magic of Stonewick that you got to. Feel free to give them a warm welcome in chat!
We ask that all players actively welcome our new players when they join. It means all the world to get 100 welcomes than 0, each one of our new members is special and we want them to feel special. We also ask that once they complete their tour and become a member, you chime in with the ONE OF US ONE OF US chant. It's not mandatory, but it's very fun part of our initiation. :)
New Player + Admin Agreement
By applying for whitelist, you as a player agree to the following terms:
- I have read the Rules and Policies page and agree to follow them to the best of my ability
- I am applying as myself and will not allow access to the server via my account to others (ie: family/friends)
- I understand that failure to remain civil, respectful, and rule-abiding will mean I will be unwhitelisted or banned
By accepting your whitelist application, jellyplz & pointyy agree to the following terms:
- To enforce rules in a gentle way, equal to all players and not showing favoritism
- To not use the rules or OP powers as means to power-trip or bully
- To run and maintain a server for the community as long as we are financially able
The following are land policies we have in place in order to preserve our map for upcoming expansions. If you cannot understand or follow these rules, frankly you do not belong here. These are policies our members gladly follow for the good of the server.
All mining (strip or branch) or caving/spelunking should occur on or within 200 blocks of your own claim. All claims must be used for building projects, NOT to acquire more space to mine. This is to encourage equal time spent mining and building (contributing to the server).
If you are running out of space for your mine, DO NOT do the following:
- Go caving/spelunking in the wild
- Mine in the wild, especially near other players
- Intentionally create claims just to mine them
Here is what you can do instead:
- Expand your claim to have a larger space around your base to mine within
- Come up with a new building project (like a new town!) and mine while you build
- Mine in the Bloodlands where there are no laws about harvesting!
- Buddy up with a friend or neighbor to mine in their land (with their permission)
Players creating claims or excessively mining in areas they don't own/build on will be issued a warning. If they continue to do this, they will be removed from the server for the good of all Stonewick players.
If a spawner is not within your 200 block radius of your build claim, you do not need to be mining there. Spawners MAY ONLY BE CLAIMED if they are surface area spawners and you intend to make them a PUBLIC spawner. You can find spawners on your own claim or buy them at the Black Market.
This does not apply to villages, pyramids/jungle temples, or ocean temples. Those are free game to all players if they are not claimed by another player already. This ONLY applies to skeleton, zombie, and spider spawners found via mining.
Underground or above ground roads or railways that are on unclaimed land are strictly forbidden due to our small map. Please use the Nether to travel and create roads.
We consider the following to be categorized as “griefing”: stealing from claimed/unclaimed chests, pranking players without their consent, harvesting farms or animals that belong to other players, mass terraforming/deforestation in unclaimed areas, or destroying builds/items placed by other players unless noted you're allowed to do so.
Because we work hard to provide with safety claim Plug-Ins and also because we are such a small team admining, we will hold players who have been grieved as partially responsible for what has happened. You can protect your chests by using Lockette and your builds by using GriefPrevention. It is up to you as a player to protect your builds. If items are stolen or griefed, they will not be replaced.
Occasionally you may stumble upon a home that has no claim and is marked with a sign that says ** ABANDONED **. You may claim this base to use as your own to build on or you may loot any chests within it. DO NOT partially tear it down, leave it for another player. Let's keep the map nice!
- No Gold Farms
- No Redstone Devices
- No Land Claims
- Don't destroy players tunnels
Redstone Machines, Mob Grinders, & Mob Farms
Redstone Inspector Approval
As of 10/20/2017 all redstone machines/devices require a Redstone Inspector's Approval to remain in operation.
Devices that DO NOT need approval:
- Small auto-smelters (consisting of hoppers and furnaces)
- Small melon/pumpkin/sugarcane/wheat farms with an on/off switch that involve pistons/observer blocks
- Small Piston doors/stairs/entrances
- Auto-sorters that sort in 6 chests or less
- Auto-brewers that brew 4 stands or less
- Village breeders consisting of less than 50 villagers
- Darkness spawning grinders, provided they have on/off lights
- Mob grinders provided they have on/off lights and enough room for the mobs to comply with the 2:1 rule (no mob cramming)
Devices that DO need approval:
- Small animal grinders (redstone cow/pig/chicken farm)
- Large scale auto-farms
- Auto-mob breeder/harvester
- Large scale food farms with piston or observer blocks
- Auto-sorters bigger than 4 chests
- Auto-brewers bigger than 4 stands
- Iron farms
- When in doubt, ask!
To request an inspection here: post in this thread. Please do not try to persuade a Helper to inspect. We have a process for all request so staff doesn't get burned out.
Redstone Machine & Grinder Guidelines
- Redstone machines must not cause server lag or be built intentionally to cause lag. (We clasify causing server lag as our server TPS dropping to below 16 TPS).
- Machines and Mob Grinders must have an on/off switch. For Grinders, the switch must activate lights on near the spawner to deactivate spawning when not in use. (ie: you are in the area but not using it, someone is visiting your base, or someone is traveling near you).
- Machines may not have redstone clocks or use infinite rolling minecarts.
- If a redstone device that has too many lag blocks (hoppers, observers, or pistons) causes server lag, you will be politely asked to either downsize or remove the device. Please keep your redstone machines **small**.
- If your redstone machine is left on when you log out and causes issues for players, you will be asked to remove the machine.
- You can AFK at grinders. However, please do not circumvent the AFK server kick to allow too many mobs to spawn near you. This also means we do not allow AFK fishing machines.
- Redstone machines and/or grinders should not be floating in the air. However, if you decorate around them and create a building for them, that's fine. (This can't just be a giant floating cobblestone block, some thought should go into its decoration.)
- Iron Farms must be kept compact, nothing bigger than player Glasi13's farm.
- Gold Farms are currently not allowed.
The rules state that mob farms should not be excessive. We ask players follow the 1:2 ration, meaning 2 blocks of space for every 1 mob. No more than 100 mobs per type should be near each other. Players will first receive warnings/reminders, if they still fail to comply their farms will be culled to an appropriate size by admins. Repeatedly and gratuitous offenses which blatantly ignore reminders and warnings will result in unwhitelisting. This rule is so all players can have a lag-free time on our server.
Clearing out a flat, empty space in order to make mobs spawn in absolutely darkness is only allowed if the area is rigged with on/off lights that are controlled by a switch and activated with the area is not in use. The area must not be designed to spawn more than 100 aggressive mobs.
If this area is discovered, player will be immediately warned and given 30 minutes to rig a light system. Failure to do so will either result in unwhitelisting or destruction of the structure.
Mechanical redstone devices or mob grinders that in any way farm exp or items from mobs in The End are strictly prohibited. Please refer to the community Enderman Grinder if you want exp.
How To Get Unwhitelisted For Inactivity
- You are a newly whitelisted player and you have not initially logged in within 5 days of your acceptance e-mail.
- You do not have a Player Warp and you have been inactive for 18 days.
- You have previously broken one or several rules and you have been inactive for 25 days.
How to Avoid Being Unwhitelisted for Inactivity
- Follow our rules and have a Player Warp and use GriefPrevention to mark your claim(s).
- Remain active in our Discord chat. (If you leave Discord, we will assume you've moved on.)
- Post in our inactivity thread if you are going on vacation. You will be given an 18 day grace period past the return date you provide in the thread.
- Earn Veteran status (Player Ranks) to avoid ever being unwhitelisted for inactivity.
How to Come Back After Inactivity Unwhitelisting
E-Mail email@example.com and explain the situation in which led you to be inactive.
What Happens When Unwhitelisted
- All player items will be donated to newbie donations
- Builds will be given to the server for reclaim or raiding
- Shops and land plots at spawn will be removed and sold to other players
- DynMap markers and GriefPrevention claims will be removed
- Access to Discord will be revoked
- Forum account will be deleted
We ask that chat in Discord, Server, and the Forum is kept relatively family friendly. Curse words should be used in moderation and never directed at another player. We are all adults here, but we want to create a clean and stress-free environment, because who wants to be reminded of how much IRL sucks when they're playing Minecraft? Not us.
We aren't super strict about swearing. However, we ask players keep it to a minimum or refrain from using it in a negative manner. We consider "negative swearing" to be swearing directed at other players or "raging" about in-game events. Anything that takes the game from Shrek-level funny to uncensored South Park-level would be considered excessive.
The following are considered inappropriate topics for a Minecraft setting:
- Overtly Graphic Sexual/Crude Subjects
- Crime/Graphic Violence
- Racial Slurs/Hitler Jokes
- Hate Speech towards certain races, nationalities, genders, or sexual orientation
- Child/Animal Abuse
We consider drama as the following:
- Players who publicly complain about the server or staff, if you don't like the server... why are you here?
- Advertise other MC servers
- Disrespect towards other members or to staff
- Using staff owned resources to conspire other members or the server rules
- Name-calling/rudeness toward members
- Public question of admin authority or arguing over rules
- Negative attention-seeking behavior such as constant spamming commands
- Lying about breaking rules
- Trolling/"Walking the Line" in regards to drama instigation
- Bad attitude, passive-aggressive remarks, and toxic behavior
Players who behave in this way will be unwhitelisted from the server and banned from our website.
How to Handle Your Criticism, Suggestions, and Questions (Like An Adult)
- Making "grand stand" declarations in-chat regarding ideas/rule changes
- Complaining in public chat
- Forum threads to open to community discussion, server changes are decided by admins for the good of the community - not by the community
- Arguing about rule enforcement or changes
Pot-stirring, inciting rebellion, or publicly challenging authority is not conducive to a mature, friendly environment. Therefore, it will absolutely not be tolerated. If you decide to behave immaturely, you will not be mollycoddled. This behavior is not acceptable in real life both professional and personal, it is not acceptable in our online community either. You cannot build successful, mature relationships by acting childish and brash with no respect for the time and work the administration puts into our community. That is simply not the way the real world works.
- Submitting ideas, suggestions, and concerns to our Monthly Survey
- PMing jellyPLZ or Pointyy on Discord or in-game (typically Jelly for community management / Pointyy for back-end server issues)
- PMing one of our many Helpers who are in a constant and direct line of communication with Admins
- Submitting your suggestion in our Suggestion Box
If you have concerns, questions, or complaints, we are happy to listen to them and take your opinions and thoughts to heart via Private Message. We have an open door policy and want our players to know whether they are newbies or veterans, we will take their opinions/ideas into consideration and gladly listen to them.
Proven Track Record of Community Involvement
We hold monthly surveys in order to gain a fair perspective of our players and their enjoyment of the server. Players who have messaged us with questions and concerns are those who have influenced change for the better of the server; things like more leniency for mining on the map, more communication concerning redstone/mob-grinders, lessening of latency and lag on the server, and tweaks to our plugins.
Why This Process Is Important
Time Limitations - Admins have limited time, resources, and above all tolerance in entertaining ill-behaved or immature players. We handle event planning, community organization, advertisement, budgeting, server expansion/maintenance, and day-to-day issues/tickets. All we ask is that you respect our process and know it's in place for your benefit.
Veteran & Donor Obligations - We run the server on our own free will as a hobby with our own time and money, with a very clear vision of our server goals. We also run it on the time and money donated by legacy players and new players, it is our responsibility to enforce our rules to the players who put positivity and hard-work into our community. We strive to show our members respect and only ask that you show us (and the server we all work on) respect as well.
Personal Integrity - We try to be firm in equally enforcing rules to all players. We want players to know that we are fair, reasonable, and under certain circumstances even forgiving. We also want you to trust that we have the best interest in heart for our community and hope you can see that through our actions.
Real Life - Please remember it is our goal to maintain a fair and balanced Minecraft server, but we also have IRL responsibilities (maintaining our marriage, spending time with friends/family, work, school, and our pets!) We are not robots, we are human beings; showing understanding of that will go very far with us.
The rules are designed not to restrict players, but to make the map and environment a place where we all want to play. Therefore, intentionally bending rules in order to cheat is against our policy.
- Bending rules regarding chat: If you are constantly complaining, whining, or being negative about the server or staff, you will be asked to bring these things to our attention privately. Failure to do so or to continue with negativity in a passive aggressive or "funny" way, will be deemed as negative trolling behavior. (IE: Joking about breaking rules or pretending to not follow rules is deemed toxic behavior.)
- Creating claims solely to harvest/destroy land, including trying to expand mining land without building on the actual claim. If you want to mine somewhere, you can ask friends to use their mines or use the Bloodlands. We do not want unused land on our map to be destroyed/harvested so that new players can find a nice place to call home.
- Having multiple claims, projects, or unclaimed areas that you build on is totally fine.
Our policy on rule enforcing is to talk softly and carry a big stick. We use warnings to enforce minor infractions. Warnings only collect if the same infraction is consistently broken or or a player seems to be intentionally breaking rules. This is because we know everyone makes mistakes or forgets rules. We are teachers and guides, preferring to be gentle with members who have good intentions. We would rather have a server of loyal players willing to learn the rules than players who are afraid of us or who get angry about the rules, we've played on servers like that and we don't want to recreate those servers. We are all adults here, we only wish to create an environment that everyone can enjoy.