Speaking to a couple people today who voiced that shady lane currently doesn't feel too shady at the moment so I came up with some ideas to maybe get it feeling more shady and thought I'd share them here:
1. Add a height limit, this is shady lane not high rise hill - add a max 2 storey limit (i'd say 12-15 blocks max)
2. Bring the plots closer together and encourage building to the borders to make it feel more closed in.
3. Make the path narrow by a block to again make it feel more like a lane.
4. Allow players to build 1 block over the path to add overhangs, again this makes it feel more cramped which is what you want a shady lane to be.
5. Make people build only shady looking buildings, currently few of the builds look very shady (mine included and I would be happy to change it if this was to be enforced)
I added a very quick screenshot of what I mean (these buildings are not reflective on my building abilities)
Shady Lane concept: https://imgur.com/a/pM2BY
2 posts • Page 1 of 1