What do you guys do for a living? (No shame)

Any random thoughts, life advice, or just getting to know each other.
DRPHILSMUSTACHE
Reactions:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:16 pm

I do all the things. When houses get abandoned or someone wants to flip it, I'm the guy they call. I clean out all the nastiness (trash left behind), tear up the carpets, get it to a base model. Then I repair everything and paint as necessary. I do demos too. It's hard work but it pays off.
You've got a friend in me.

Glasi13
Reactions:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:02 am

Hey folks, I'm afraid my jobs not all that exciting. I'm a flooring salesman/stockist & general dogsbody.

Unlike Phil I don't get to work with explosives but you wouldn't believe that after some of the reactions we get in store. I swear working with the public is highly hazardous to ones health (and mentality).
"Courage is knowing what not to fear"

SweaterGoat
Reactions:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:16 am

I'm a retail pharmacist. I've been working for the same company since I was 16 but the stress finally caught up to me and now I'm taking a sabbatical. You know things are bad when you are only 29 and you have to close up shop abruptly and drive to the hospital for what you think is a heart attack. Thankfully, it turned out to be only the most expensive panic attack ever. :shock:

@DrPhilsMustache: That sounds like a very satisfying job when you compare the initial and end product!

@Glasi13: I completely feel your pain regarding working with the public. Everyone should have to go through that at some point in their lives to learn how to act.

@IllBeBlock: what's your favorite subject to photograph? Would we have seen any of your television appearances?

lucitiger
Reactions:

Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:44 pm

@sweatergoat omg I'm glad you're taking a break! I had to take a year and a half off due to job-induced panic attacks. Take care of yourself girl! <3

I am a general office guru for a local small construction company. I've been there nearly 3 years, off and on. I do bookkeeping, business analysis, HR matters, IT issues, social media updates, and special projects for the boss man. My latest project is a massive tool inventory and tracking system.

Hilariously enough, I was a secondary science education major in college. Funny where life takes you.

RxFairy
Reactions:

Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:31 pm

Well. Like Goat, I also am in pharmacy. But I am currently in my last semester of classes pharmacy school before I do my clinical rotations. So I'm just starting out, have yet to need a sabbatical. I got a somewhat later start in my career as I'm 28. But you get where you're going when you need to get there and even a turtle can finish a race.
Resident Drug Fairy and Stonewick DJ

VanillaCupcake
Reactions:

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:03 am

I'm professionally unemployed hahahah :'(

Actually though, I'm a grad student right now and a (very) part time mountain guide (mostly rock and ice climbing).

Phil I used to help a guy in high school who did something like that (flipping houses). Man, hard work, but also super rewarding to see the before's and after's.