Player Home of the Week!

Plan and participate in our many community events!
astromonkey
Reactions:

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:07 pm

UPDATE: Rewards for being Player Home of the Week are as follows:
1. $1000
2. A sweet trophy
3. 16 diamond blocks

Have you seen DrPhils home/base? Sure a few have but many probably haven't. Many of us have seen VannilaCupCake's brilliant rebuild of the church in Stonewick but have you seen his amazing build at his home? Do you have some crazy (but legal!) redstone contraption that is part of your home that you want to show off? It doesn't have to be about pure aesthetics redstone engineers are welcome too!

Player Home of the Week hopes to fix all this. Every week a player who volunteers themselves to a list will be chosen at random to gain a warp sign affixed to a billboard at spawn that will allow the masses to easily warp to and visit your home. Still working out details but here's what we have so far.

1. We would ask that you have a mostly complete home base. We know that these things are a constant work in progress but make sure you're ready to show!

2. Putting up a few extra signs to lead visitors around (or even just name the room) might be a good idea.

3. A prize pack (stonewick banner, and some other decorative items) will go out to the Home of the Week not to mention a week of easy travel via the billboard warp sign.

4. Perhaps a suggested resource pack skin posted along side so if a visitor wants to get the full experience and see it the way you do.

We're still looking for input from the community so if you have an idea or tweak that encourages visiting and showing off players builds reply away!

Post here if you'd like your base to be submitted to be featured in the Player Home of the Week!
Last edited by astromonkey on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lorgs
Reactions:

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:39 am

My base is open at any time. Many have seen it since it's a part of Dalgard town, but I am still adding more details and features that can be interesting to see.

servo270
Reactions:

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:50 pm

This is an awesome idea - I'd love to have my base featured! I always really enjoy showing other people around, so this is a perfect opportunity.

astromonkey
Reactions:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:11 pm

Lorgs - I dont know if I've expressed how much I love Dalgard but I do. It reminds me of the Howling Fjord / Grizzly Hills zones in the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King expansion which is still my favorite environment in a video game ever. But I would like to keep the Home of the week thing to individual players homes that are a little more out of the way. People should be visiting you frequently for the daily loot box alone (I got a battle axe the other day!!). We'll get Jelly's input on this and if there is a slow start we might include cities.

Servo - We'll talk with you soon. :D

astromonkey
Reactions:

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:15 am

BUMP!

Still need candidates don't be shy!!!

Rhae
Reactions:

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Star and I have a really fun build planned, yesterday I got a lot of the materials we needed, so hopefully ours will be ready soon.

astromonkey
Reactions:

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:39 pm

Sounds good! Keep us updated.

Rhae
Reactions:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:49 pm

Our 5th wheel is pretty much complete(I need to get some dye colors). It may be simple compared to some of the others, but it's special to us. I submitted a ticket for the warp address L13. Interesting fact, the ingame 5th wheel is an (almost) exact replica of the one I live in. The chest room is my kids bunk room in real life. We're working on a wizards tower above the lava fall.

Endeavour
Reactions:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:33 am

My base is finally in an acceptable state, so consider it a new entry!